Thursday, July 7, 2011
1 cup sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
¼ cup water
¾ tsp extract of your choice (I did a lemon poppyseed lollipop with real lemon zest and a chocolate cayenne lollipop)
Food coloring (optional- I used none)
Lollipop molds and sticks (or in my case shish kabob sticks and no mold)
1. Prepare your molds by spraying them with nonstick cooking spray and inserting lollipop sticks into the molds.
2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Insert the candy thermometer and stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Allow to boil, without stirring, until candy reaches 295 degrees (hard-crack stage).
4. Once the candy reaches 295, remove it from heat. Stir in the extract of your choice, and, if desired, food coloring.
5. Spoon the candy into the mold cavities (I poured from spoon to silpat mat), making sure to cover the back of the stick.
6. Allow to cool completely and remove once hardened.
Posted by Jamie at 11:04 AM